Ok, this is a bit of a cheater recipe because I didn’t make tortellini from scratch. BUT nevertheless it’s that type of a quick, out-of-the-door meal that takes a few minutes to make and is soooo tasty and satisfying!
To make this simple salad all you have to do is get a few ingredients and mix them all together in a big bowl:
To balance the texture and taste of tortellini I added as many good fresh colorful veggies as I could think of (that will go well with the rest of the ingredients, of course). You could substitute some ingredients if you’d like but keep in mind it will change the taste of the salad. I would suggest if you don’t like olives, for example, (like my husband) then just don’t add them.
Ready for a delicious easiest summer salad? 😉
- 22 oz tortellini pasta, cooked (three cheese filling)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, diced into small 1-inch pieces
- 1 15 oz. can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 15 oz. can marinated artichokes, drained and coarsely diced
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, cut in 1-inch cubes
- bunch of fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl combine the cooked tortellini pasta (cook according to package instructions), cherry tomatoes, cucumber, artichokes, olives, feta cheese and diced parsley (you can add parsley just on top for garnish if you don't like it in your salad).
- 2. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over pasta mixture and gently stir to coat. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Refrigerate salad until ready to serve. Stores well in an airtight container in a fridge for up to 4 days.
- Enjoy! 🙂