Have you ever had a situation where you have absolutely no time to make anything to a picnic or a cookout? And traditional chips and salsa have been an every picnic staple? If you’ve got no time, we’ve got your back! This potato salad is literally THE easiest you will ever see. It has only 4 ingredients and absolutely NO hassle. Quick and easy, boom! Oh, and it is so delicious..
My mom used to make this salad often in summer because it was a perfect “filling” summer meal that’s not fruit. It definitely hits the spot!
In Ukraine people LOVE pickles. When my American husband found out that he married a woman whose childhood was full of dishes involving pickles and just pickled things in general he was not very excited about trying my cooking creations at first. But when he tried this salad (he did spot the pickles right away and thought he would have to take them out) he actually liked it. And then he loved it! It gives a traditional potato salad a little spin and makes it very tasty!
Make it for your next picnic or cookout with family and friends and watch it becoming a new, fresh hit! 😉
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 15 medium pickles
- 1 cup mayo (or Vegenaise)
- Dill, chopped
- 1. Boil potatoes until a knife inserted into the middle of a potato comes out easily. Potatoes should be cooked through. Cool the potatoes.
- 2. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- 3. Cut the pickles into rounds. Add to the potatoes.
- 4. Add chopped dill and mayo.
- 5. Mix well. Done!
- Bon appetit! 🙂
- Store in a fridge in an airtight container for up to a few days.