I have been away for awhile, but now I’m back! 😀 And more excited than ever before! Full of inspirations, new ideas and.. just great mood!
I went home to Ukraine in August and it was the best trip of my life! Partially because I haven’t seen my family in 7 years, but also because it really was the trip of a lifetime! My family never met my husband in real life before, and he has never met them in real life either. So, as you can imagine, this trip had a huge (positive) impact on my marriage, my relationships with my family, and.. it changed my perspective on many things in life. All in all, things are not the same for me anymore as they were before August. And it’s for the better. I feel like I’ve got things settled, I know who I am and where I’m going, and what I want from life. It probably sounds weird that one trip can do that to a person but it did just that for me. And I am so confident, happy and excited about everything in life now 😀
As I got a little settled after the trip now, it’s time to get back on a horse and start getting ready for ummm.. beautiful pumpkin-spiced-everything fall?? 🙂 Yes!!!! Because who doesn’t like fall, right?
The weather is getting a bit chillier, we see more and more flannel shirts around and it’s time to make some comfort food! Yum!
This vegetarian chicken noodle soup is made of fake chicken meat (I use chicken strips of Gardein but you can use whichever brand you like or sub for real organic chicken strips) and loads of veggie goodness! It’s definitely my go-to comfort food soup. It takes about 30 min. to make and is very budget friendly.
- 7-8 large carrots, chopped
- 4-5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 8 oz fake chicken meat (I use chicken strips from brand "Gardein" but you can use whichever you like, or real chicken meat too)
- 16 cups water (more or less depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 5 tsp chicken broth
- salt, pepper to taste
- handful parsley ends
- 1/2 bag eggless egg noodles
- canola oil
- 1. In a large soup pan saute carrots, celery and onions for 15 min on a bottom of the pan with a little bit of canola oil.
- 2. Add water, then chicken broth.
- 3. When soup starts to boil add the noodles.
- 4. When noodles are almost cooked add the chicken strips. Cook for 5-10 min.
- 5. When soup is almost done add chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Bon appetit!
- Store this delicious soup in a fridge for up to 1 week for easy and healthy go-to lunches.
- Freeze for up to a few months.