Spring has finally come to the northern lands!!! Woohoo! 😀 It seems that every living soul in Minnesota is happy and full of life! Cold days are gone and time for warm weather, picnics and outdoors! What can be better?
Well, I guess I should say that cold days are almost over. It’s just all the excitement in me that gets ahead of the game 😀 But really, even though it’s much warmer here in Twin Cities the weather is still just a teeny tiny bit chilly. Did I say chilly or chili? 🙂
Today I would like to invite you to say last goodbye to chilly weather and share perhaps on of the most loved comfort food dishes of all time – a hearty delicious vegetarian chili. Yum!
No matter how many chili recipes you’ve tried before, this one is going to be your top favorite, I promise 😉
This recipe is very budget friendly, as most of the ingredients many people already have at hand. Usually all I have to get when I’m making it is zucchini, bell pepper and maybe a can of garbanzos or crushed tomatoes. That’s it! The best way to eat it is with a scrumptious piece of cornbread in your hand. Mmmm..
Oh, and did I mention that it’s a hearty meal? And a bowl of deliciousness? Try it now my friend! You won’t regret it! 😉
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini (about 2 small), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained
- Grated cheddar cheese and sour cream, to garnish
- 1. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add zucchini, onion, garlic, and green pepper. Saute 10 min. until softened.
- 2. Transfer to a saucepan and add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 min.
- 3. Stir in beans and cook 10 min. more on low heat. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve chili rolled up in a warm flour tortilla or on a bed of brown rice. Garnish with cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.
- Stores well for over a week in a refrigerator.
- Bon appetit! 🙂