Happy 4th of July everyone! 😀
I don’t know about you but when I need to bring something tasty to a 4th of July cookout and have to think about it the last minute I don’t really want to spend 3 hours in the kitchen cooking something extravagant. I prefer to whip up something quick and yummy and bring it to the party so my day is hassle free. So, in honor of that here is a very quick and easy seven layer dip recipe that you can make literally in 10 minutes! Just layer all the ingredients in a deep dish or a bowl and viola! You’re ready to go!
This dip is perfect for chips and crackers and even though it is vegetarian it’s very filling. This is especially a hit among all men at a picnic.
Simple ingredients, quick and easy, healthy, incredibly delicious! Need i say more? 😉
- 1/2 can (14 oz.) refried beans
- 1 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4 packet (about 0.5 oz) taco seasoning
- 1 jar chunky red salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Pico de gallo
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup marble jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 can (about 4 oz) black beans
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1. In a 8x8 pan spread the refried beans in an even layer.
- 2. In a small bowl combine the hummus and taco seasoning until well mixed.
- 3. Spread the hummus evenly on top of the beans.
- 4. Spread evenly with the remaining layers starting with the chunky salsa and ending with the guacamole.
- 5. Place black beans in the corner of the dip on top of the guacamole. Shape them into a square.
- 6. Place the cherry tomato halves in a few straight lines alternating with lines of cheese in between.
- Bon appetit!
- Store in a fridge until ready to serve. Tastes best when fresh.
- Enjoy! 🙂